Mala-Making Workshop Facilitator Mentorship
You asked and I provided! ;-)
After a number of requests, I am utterly thrilled (and so excited!) to be offering this unique opportunity to train with me to create and deliver a thoughtful and inspiring mala-making workshop.
Having delivered nearly thirty workshops over the past four years, I have learnt a great deal about how to create and deliver an inspiring workshop in this sacred art. Many of these lessons have come at great cost in time and personal finances and this three-month mentorship has been designed to set you up with everything you need to deliver a successful mala-making workshop.
This unique opportunity consists of one full day of in-person training plus three months of ongoing support.
To prepare for the training day, you will need to have created mala beads before either at one of my workshops (discounts available if you are attending a workshop in preparation for the mentorship) or by using the mala-making kits in the shop (discount available as above) once they are available. These help to give you experience of being a participant in a workshop. Please contact me directly if you are already creating mala beads regularly :-)
The Training Day:
- Logistics: Timings, workshop design ideas, supplies and suppliers, knotting and un-knotting, layout and design suggestions/tips, finances and pricing, marketing your workshop, getting to and from your workshop, insurance advice
- Theory and practice: rudraksha seeds, how to explain and incorporate the 'mechanics' of mantra and using a set of mala beads in meditation without overwhelming your participants, honouring and respecting traditions, practices and lineages, energy hygiene and creating sacred and safe boundaries for yourself and your participants, 'giving back'
- Techniques: the basic technique for mala-making, knotting, tassels and pendants
- Understanding your Participants: potential obstacles to learning, managing energies and creating safe spaces; keeping people comfortable; to feed or not to feed
- Two one hour follow-up Q&A-style calls (via Zoom) - one in each of the first two months following the course
- Up to three months following the training day of support in via a private WhatsApp group
- x2 surprise bonus trainings!
Locations and Dates
All courses will take place on a week-day at my home in Hove. Each group will be limited to just five participants to keep the space intimate and safe.
<If you are coming from further afield and require B&B accommodation, please ask and I can provide you with a list of possible places.>
Summer Mentorship: Thursday 25th June 9am-5pm (mentorship finishes 25th August 2020; one further month access to advice via the WhatsApp group for the month following) - TWO SPACES LEFT
Autumn Mentorship: Thursday 8th October 9am-5pm (mentorships finishes 8th December 2020; one further month access to advice via the WhatsApp group for the month following)
£360 if you book by 30th March/30th July, respectively; £420 thereafter. Includes tuition and all of the above plus course manual (includes my 'Practising Mantra' book as well as an extensive reading list), lunch and light refreshments on the day, a 'goody bag' of all supplies you'll need for the day (see below) plus a certificate of completion at the end of the mentorship.
- Supplies provided on the day:
- Bead board
- Mala-making mat
- Beads, threads and tassels
- Suggested design layout
- A list of suppliers that I know, like and trust
- Mentorship Manual
A deposit of £75 is required upon acceptance onto the course in order to secure your place (refunded in full if you need to cancel up to one month before the start of the course; non-refundable thereafter) The remaining balance will be due two weeks before the start of the course.
Payment plans are always available, please just ask! :-)
The opportunities for you upon completion of this mentorship are as boundless as your creativity. Here are just a few ideas:
- Developing your own unique style of workshop that caters to your participant and ensures quality and respectful delivery of mantra theory and practice
- You will have an excellent starting point for designing, creating and marketing your own high-quality, beautiful beads to sell or gift as you see fit
- Enhancing your existing meditation and yoga practice/teaching with Vedantic and Mantra theory
- As the skills practised in this mentorship are transferable, you will gain knowledge of how to successfully run any workshop, crafty or otherwise :-)
Email me, Helen, with the heading 'Workshop Facilitator Mentorship' to request further information/express your interest/book your space firstname.lastname@example.org; or you can contact me via the form in the tab below.